Ray1965

My Corrado

Very nice looking corrado.

My reg brother too. Mine is M860 RBL

They must have been registered at the same time!

Well hello brother lol. It;s a small world.

Thanks for the good comments guys.

Fitted the new head light loom the other week so much better. Did not fit the eye brow spoiler back. Might be inclined to agree with Mr VRX on that one.

Just hope she will keep going through the winter i need her for work. :thumbleft:

Edited by Ray1965

Update today . Brand new set of proxy Toyo's fitted. ..:snipersmile: Killed my wallet a bit but it had to done

Took car for the MOT yesterday, and she passed with just rear shocks advisory slight misting of oil as they put it.

Well pleased tbh didn't expect a pass this year.

Just need to sort fitting a new ignition switch, what broke in the garage when the MOT was finished. Then sort some alarm gremlins out that have just appeared today, to which have no idea where to start.

Well i did my ignition switch today, followed the wiki guide and after a few swear words vented at the little screw, got the job done, i also opted to use some smurf S**t (Bluetac) for replacing the screw which worked a treat thanks Mr Diesel2000.

A small tip for others doing the switch is to cover the windscreen with a blanket or similar to stop the glare of the sky when your laid on your back, worked for me.

Also the old switch looked to be slightly different pointing towards a pattern part was fitted before i got the car. Had no VW emblem etc stamped in the plastic anywhere as well.

I'll post some pics up of the switch for reference when i get more time.

I also fixed my seats up and down adjuster handle which kept falling off, found the 2 countersunk screws holding it in place where missing. Also greased the seat runners which were very dry while i was at it.

Edited by Ray1965

Note for future reference. Ignition switch - Part number 6N0 905 865 From the stealers are now priced at £34.43p, bought on the 10th March 2015.

I think the Wiki will need updating as it is priced at a meer £12.34.

Nice work, yeh the screw is a bugger. I'm suffering now with my neck from doing the job, old age i guess.

Think i am getting one from my folks for christmas in the next few days so hopefully will be able to confirm that and see it for myself!

Hi Ray

Nice photos and car! I have a 94 VR which was lowered by the previous owner and I will be returning it to standard spring setup over the winter as the ride is far too harsh as it is at the moment. also I managed to locate an air box to replace the K&N induction kit but need the air intake pipe.

Hi Ray

Nice photos and car! I have a 94 VR which was lowered by the previous owner and I will be returning it to standard spring setup over the winter as the ride is far too harsh as it is at the moment. also I managed to locate an air box to replace the K&N induction kit but need the air intake pipe.

Thanks for your comments, i this week went for coil overs with two members on the forum, call it a mini group buy. So will see how i get on with them. Hope you have success with finding the intake pipe.

Quick update.

Bought the coil overs and are now fitted to the car. This was the second adjustment as the car was too low at first to get on my drive way without ripping the cat off. So opted for this height.

Here's a few pics on how the car stands now.

IMG_20160806_164459597.jpg

IMG_20160806_164542037_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160806_164701767_HDR.jpg

Edited by Ray1965

I think those wheels look great...

Cheers Goldie,

Took a gamble with them had them refurbed as well.

Love the montreal 2s! :D

Cheers Sam, they look better now the car is lower. I went to the VW festival last weekend and had lots of good feed back.