2.016V

Juddering at 2500-3000rpm

I have a 2.0 16v abf engine fitted into my corrado, I noticed today when I was driving that in 2nd and 3rd if I hold it at 2500rpm or so the car starts juddering but as soon as I come out of that range it's runs just like normal. What could be causing this, any ideas?

i had this issue.. was engine mounts.. replaced them all, and it run smooth until i needed a new exhaust, also a good service oil, air filter, leads and plugs, distributor arm may need a clean. and also check your exhaust for any leaks.. other corrado owners may tell you the same its never just one thing with a corrado to make it run smooth.. lol

Ah that's brilliant thanks mate, thought it could have been the engine mounts, which ones did you get and where did you get them from? Will give it a good old service at the same time to make sure

Does the abf use a MAF? Those sound like classic MAF failure syptoms too. I had it on my mk3 AGG and I sorted it with some electrical contact cleaner and a cotton bud.

I got them from euro carparts quote nwdubs and u shud get a discount buy all of them and replace the ones that are gone and return the rest euro will refund u

Ive not hat trouble with maf but on a previous car i did and the loss of power was constant to check engine mounts get car on ramp and use a crowbar or strong screwdriver to see how much play is in your engine on each mount to determine which mounts have to be replaced

Ah brilliant thanks mate.i will just replace all of them while I am at it.how many are there? as iv got an abf in there do I just need to get standard corrado ones?

I don't know if it has a maf but will check if it does and give it a clean if so

check that the rotor arm is solid on the shaft, should be glued on iirc. Had this on a Golf, turned out the rotor was fluttering on the dizzy shaft at constant load.

The arm is held onto the rotor shaft with glue. They are literally a couple of quid so worth replacing regardless if you don't know when it was last done. As they are glued on, you may have to destroy the old one when removing it. Sometimes they can just pull off though. Take the dizzy cap off, and you'll see what is meant by it all.