eugopnosaj

Leather retrim prices

The drivers seat base in my VR has 2 cuts, they were there when I bought the car and its now just bugging me. Through work I was able to source some leather free from a project that we had and its good quality leather. My plan is to replace all the bases and backs of the seats with this leather as its red so the seats will be red and black. If there is enough left to also do a couple of other areas.

So i have only got one quote so far and he reckons about 2-3 days and around £700.

My question is does this sound about right for the work involved?

I had a complete retrim in 2007 front and rear seats also door cards and had the headlining covered in black cloth cost 2k

I had 2 front seats done about 10 years ago - completely retrimmed in leather and alcantara. Cost about £500 then.

I've was getting quotes of around £1300 - £1500 for a full retrim including doorcards so £700 sounds like a bargain. One thing to bear in mind though is there's leather and there's leather. Some of the hides I was looking at were just under £400 each.

I'd be inclined to phone as many companies as possible and make sure you tell them you have the leather and its quality too, as they might try and sway you into buying theirs, and it is just a labour job only.

I had a quote for my cloth seats etc to be trimmed up in leather and it was around £600 to £700, if i remember rightly. This was at a car show last year so he might have had a offer on or just trying to get business?

Do your home work. Will look ok with the red inserts btw i have seen a car with this done.

Edited by Ray1965