jezhawk7

VR6 steam in engine bay help please

Hi guys I am a new here and was looling for a bit of advice please after a drive the other day I notice alot of steam coming from the engine, after viewing a few posts on the forums I found a pipe with a little hole in it near the green clip I have taken a picture of the pipe as best I can could any body point me in the right direction of what the part would be please many thanks in advance jerry

Are you going to share the picture or is it for personal use only? :lol:

I can't think where the green clip is off the top of my head, i know there are some white clips but they hold wires on mine.

Not sure if it's just me but I can't see any picture? I think a lot of the hoses are now obsolete but you should be able to get one from someone breaking a car in the breaking section.

If it's just at the clip, you might have enough play in the pipe to take a small trim off of it, as a temp fix, until you source another .

I can't see the pic either :)

Pictures say a thousand words ;) lol

if the hole is extremely small could a good super glue act as a temporary fix

Sorry guys don't know whats going on with my phone wont let me upload picture I have taken one from net to show as best i can hope this helps I have circled it yellow

it's the pipe with the thin pipe coming from it like a T-bar shape thanks again

Jerry[ATTACH=CONFIG]77128[/ATTACH]

Looks like one of the pipes that goes into the heater matrix - but kinda hard to tell from the picture!

yep coolant hose for the heater matrix and tee's off for throttle body, I guess you have 2 options , find one from some one on ebay that breaks corrados or on here in the classifieds section, or try and get one new from VW , needs replacing and its worth checking the rest of the hose's/cooling system aswell,

That was the first hose to go on mine. Was nearly £60 from the dealers about 5yrs ago.

sounds like the one from matrix to back of the block and thin one to throttle body.

Roose motorsport make good replacements but think they sell complete sets or the rad hoses only.