ross k

car wont unlock and the indicators wont turn of

basically guys had a bit of a nightmare with the corrado i parked up at my mates house after a 2 hour very wet drive and noticed all the indicators were on i was in a rush so locked the car and came back an hour later.To my surprise they were still flashing i tried to unlock the car and it wouldn't unlock at all and it turned out non of my door locks work anyway got under the bonnet tried disconnecting the battery and all was the same so i checked the wiring under the air box that seems fine. I managed to break in and drove the 10 minutes home with my hazards on the car wont lock or unlock and the indicators only go of if you dissconect the battery. Any ideas never had a problem with this before i have fixed the passenger lock so i can now get in the car and lock it at least.

Best bet is to pull each fuse and see which one makes the hazards go off, this should point to where the problem lies.

Does the car leak at all? If any water has made its way onto the relays/fuse box they don't like it.

Does it have an alarm sounder and is that going off while the hazards flash? The sound can be switched off as well.

yes it has an alarm sounder but thats not going of just tried taking the hazerd relay out and tried all the fuses and nothing turns the indicators of

ok went and had another look it has a cel alarm never heard of them and when you press the button to lock or unlock the car the indicators flash quicker so it is picking up the key

as far as i can see theirs a sounder with wires coming out and a fuse holder with two fuses which i would assume are for the alarm but tried removing the fuses makes no difference the main part is behind the glovebox in three different parts with alot of wires going into it

does anyone know what colour the indicators wires are ? also is their any way i can test the alarm or something thanks ross

if you turn turn it on the hazards come on for a few flashes like normal then it goes to the slow constant flashing again thanks for the help jim

right update ive finally stopped it flashing i found the central locking box in the boot unplugged it and no flashing but no central locking took it inside and it now locks but doesnt unlock i think it may have got damp as it was near the leak thanks ross

right update after a nightmare of looking at the wiring turned out to be one of the wires in the drivers door shorting out so i took the wiring out as the lock doesnt work anyway it now works as it should thanks ross