maff

Which vr6 coil overs?

Well a bit of searching reads that ap is kw's budget brand and they are made by kw, comes up quite alot too, i think they are my best bet and the price isnt too bad!

I've got APs on my VR. Not through choice - previous owner had fitted them. In the past I've only used more premium brands (mid level price, I'm not going to spend over a grand a corner) Leda on my Elise and Gaz Golds on my mk2 Scirocco.

I've been very surprised by the ride quality of the APs, I perhaps wouldn't have bought them, but I'm not going to get rid of them either. I've not got the car properly set up yet, but once I have I'll be tracking it at Donington and then I'll find out how they stand up :)

Oh, they're definitely not too soft!

Also, the biggest hint I can give anyone that fits coilovers is that when you install them, cover the threads in copper grease :)

Also, the biggest hint I can give anyone that fits coilovers is that when you install them, cover the threads in copper grease :)

Thanks for the tip:-D and nice to hear they are not a soft ride;-)

Definitely not a soft ride. Had them on when I got the car. I think I would have preferred them with the adjustable dampeners - perhaps I would have a little less rattling of my old bones!

I have had kw v1's on mine for two years and they have been great. You could have suspension costing a couple of grand but if you slam the car on the deck the ride is still going to be crap especially on UK roads. As long as the drop is sensible with KW V1's and some of the others mentioned on here like weitecs etc you will be fine.

Over the years I have had my VR on its totally standard suspension, also tried a combo of standard shocks with HR springs (wouldn't recommend this). For me I think the KW v1's give just about the right balance and because I haven't had it slammed to the deck I find the ride is perfectly acceptable and not harsh at all.

Here is a pic of my car as it sits on KW V1's it could go a lot lower and probably not scene enough for most people these days but I don't want to be crashing about and its the perfect balance for me.

P1030621.jpg

Fitting a set of AP's to mine when I get back at easter, will be a happy man if I get it to sit like this.