deamon90002004

lower grill

hey all, my 91 g60 was up on the ramp today getting tracked, and i noticed a big hole in the front lower grill, i've found one, but it says it's designed for the vr6 part number 535853671J

any chance that could fit mine?

http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p4882_Luftfuehrungsgitter-fuer-Stossstange-vorne-VW-Corrado-ab-Baujahr-ca--8-92.html/cat/106

The early and late front bumpers are slightly different but I'd be really surprised if the lower grille is different too? I'll fire up the parts catalogue and have a look..

Hm - seems to confirm it...

535 853 671E for earlier cars..

535 853 671J for later cars..

You're going to need the E suffix one. Listed as costing approximately £50 on ETKA if you fancy trying your luck at the local VW dealers! :)

Forgive me if im wrong but as far as Im aware the only difference between the two is that the G60 grill has a few more holes in it to allow extra air flow through and up towards the charger to aid cooling. I have the VR6 grill on my G60 and I simply cut these extra holes out myself. Its very straightforward.

Someone with more knowledge can confirm or deny this.

Indeed - it might well just be a visual thing rather than a fitment issue but ETKA says that the 'E' part is for 16V and G60, and the J part for 16V and VR6. Which would sort of moot the additional holes for cooling thing.

Well I just assummed it was for extra cooling as logically thats what vent holes are for. Im sure theres a thread on this already. I vaguely remember reading about it when I first discovered this site. Im afraid I dont care enough to go searching for it now. ;-)