Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

grinding brakes

recently changed my front discs and pads to ebc turbo grooves and green stuff pads...but they are grinding like theres no lining on the pads,cant see any problems when i look at them,and im getting pretty bad brake fade sometimes...any ideas anyone??

Check the metal shield behind the back of disc that protects it from dirt etc. Thats what caused it on mine, was rubbing against the disc as it went round making an awful racket.

Bent it back a bit and end of problem.

But then again, it could be something completely different....

My mate had the smae prob with his EBC and Green Pads. He said they were rubbish, he always got that grinding noise and suffered brake fade alot.

This was on an FTO.

Although it could just be the grooves cutting into the pads?

mate it can just be from the discs cutting into the pads as grooveddiscs tend to do that especially when u press down hard :D

also when bedding them in they make a bit of noise

only just bought them,cost me £200,and supposedly demon tweeks best selling disc/pad combo,just tried deglazing the pad,and put some hi temp grease on the backs of the pads and they are still bloody grinding :mad:

Imo green stuff pads are 110% 5hite & a complete waste of money on the road!! I'd get them off before you end up warpping the discs! Get some std/soft pads in there. You might be replacing the pads more often, but you will always brake in a straight line. You don't want to be replacing discs every time you do the pads! I'd bet my car, if you keep them on there in a matter of months you'll have a nasty brake wobble!