ausgolfer

Simplified cooling system, questions about the OEM water pump.

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while.

Being a bit hotter down under and always having been a paranoid(about over heating) vw owner I was wanting to upgrade my mk2 and Corrado with an EWP(electric water pump).

Such as can be found here:

http://www.daviescraig.com.au/

I have a mocal style(with thermostat) sandwich plate oil cooler to fit to my G60 and am wanting to do away with the water/oil heat exchanger.

So the EWP would take the place of the conventional water pump and I understand that making the belts work will be a bit fiddly now. Along with making up a flange to replace where the water pump bolts to the block.

So..Onto the actual question. The water pump looks to have 4 ports, block to pump, pump to lower rad hose, and 2 others.

If I were to dispense with the heat exchanger and the OE water pump, what do I do with the other hoses?

Can I rip them all out and just have upper and lower rad hoses(lower hose would have the EWP in situ) for a mega simple cooling system?

Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Re-opening this with a simple question.

What is the coolant flow direction for the 2 hoses that go to/from the top side of the water pump? (ie. not into the block or from the bottom rad hose) Cheers.