fla

modifying clock fascia?

Just a thought and looking for some ideas really.

The clocks, imo are let down considerably by the oil, handbrake etc symbols at the bottom whereby an led next to the symbol is illuminated. Ideally I'm looking to see if they can be replaced by an illuminated symbol directly - so some way of either covering them over and having an led underneath to light up the square. Obviously new symbols would have to be printed on some kind of acetate. Ideas and thoughts?

Also, how would you go about covering the black bezel in the front with eg leather or some other fabric (alcantara, faux suede)? Presumably it would be a few pieces stitched together? Rams, you're quite the guru here, would welcome your advice!

TIA

Pretty easy really - piece of EL tape in the colour you want the symbol to be and some clear acetate with the symbol of your choice printed on it.

You could cover the bezel surround in pretty much anything you like really, although if you were going to use leather I think you would probably need it split quite thin.

cheers Jamie. We'd then be looking at 3 EL coloured tapes, (red, orange, blue - i think these are all the colours?) Anywhere to get hold of them?

I bought a spare fascia a few years back with the intention of doing this, but unfortunately laziness got the better of me. Good luck and put up pics when you're done, just to get me envious, lol.

cheers Jamie. We'd then be looking at 3 EL coloured tapes, (red, orange, blue - i think these are all the colours?) Anywhere to get hold of them?

Yep think that's it. Not sure from an MOT point of view but I suppose you could use any colour you like.

I get my stuff from EL Wirecraft. You can get the stuff cheaper from China on eBay if you don't mind a bit of a wait, but the bloke at EL is absolutely spot on - you can ring him and if you have a problem with any of his gear, he goes way out of his way put it right.