Rado89

KW variant 1 rebuild

Hello, I currently looking for somewhere I can get my kW variant 1 coilovers rebuilt as the springs are starting to show some wear and I'm pretty sure the helper springs are not as really helping anymore. Someone told me that kw offered this service and could also renew the inserts. Is this true? And is there anywhere else that carries this out?

Thanks Phil.

I was quoted £45+VAT per strut back in 2008ish from KW directly. I didn't need mine doing but was just curious. You don't need a rebuild because of tatty springs though. If the damper isn't leaking oil, they don't need rebuilding.

i'd be interested in knowning how much the helper springs cost.

when i bought my v3's the helper springs were for a vr6 and i think they might have been making the the ride very harsh.

i inquired with the company i bought them from about getting the correct springs for a 16v but i got nowhere.

\Paddy

Just had a quote from KW for rebuilding my Weitec Hicon GTs - they ended up dynoing them and shipping them back for free because they held onto them for 2 months first :(

It was approx £120 per damper, around £15 for new spring perches and dust covers but they didn't really need doing so I didn't bother...

Stone