Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

idiots guides

As well as a guide for things, i think a common problems and there fixes would be good too. Cant think of the right word for it though, like when ya buy somethin electrical and at the back there is problems and the most common ways of solving it, fault finding guide or somethin

i.e No power to unit : Check its plugged in etc.

As well as a guide for things, i think a common problems and there fixes would be good too. Cant think of the right word for it though, like when ya buy somethin electrical and at the back there is problems and the most common ways of solving it, fault finding guide or somethin

i.e No power to unit : Check its plugged in etc.

trouble-shooting is the word you seek :wink:

If people want to make up guides but dont have a digi camera I can take pics for them if they just tell me what they need(and how to find it)

Guides like this would be a huge help to me

this site taught me how to ..

change coolant

change oil

adjust shifter

Hey I gotta start somewhere, I would love to do more stuff but not 100% sure on how to do anything and dont want to be asking questions every day ;P

This idea would rock for me! I hate asking stupid questions and being (for want of a better word) a noob. I love cars to pieces and as soon as I could afford the insurance all I wanted was my C, for soo many reasons! One of which was to learn more about the mechanical aspects of car ownership and to do a lot of the work myself. It came as a bit of a blow to find there was no Haines manual :).

my 2p,

Olly.

p.s: For all the stupid questions I have asked in the past and will ask I appologise, if anyone can think of a better way for me to learn, I 'd be more than happy to consider it!