Sign in to follow this  
jenks

60mm drop on original shocks?

Is it wise? its just theres new shockies all round or will it f##k them up? How comfy are the supersport coilovers that venom motorsport are selling?Is it a hard and bumpy ride?

DO NOT DO THIS. Springs will be too short and will dislocate when going over yumps etc. Always buy matched dampers for the springs. The handling will crap as well.

i have the the supersport coilovers! and they are wicked hard... meaning you can tell if you drive over a grain of sand LOL not really they are ok but ery hard compairded to merc S-Class air suspection...

yeah, but your car is sat on 17 and is on the ground Chris.... It looked well lower than mine at Inters and I'm on the same suspension setup only not as low... 8)

Remember, the lower you go, the harder the ride/damping HAS to be else you'll bottom out all over the place! :|

At around 35 to 40mm lower than standard, the supersports are pretty good ride wise... a little harder than some people will like, but for £400, I can't complain... 8)

Ummm...

On coilovers the sprng-rate doesn't alter as you change the ride height, while the damping should be close to constant throughout the travel of the unit.

If the ride gets harder when you lower it lots it's because the coilovers are on the bumpstops...

yeah, but your car is sat on 17 and is on the ground Chris.... It looked well lower than mine at Inters and I'm on the same suspension setup only not as low... 8)

Remember, the lower you go, the harder the ride/damping HAS to be else you'll bottom out all over the place! :|

Good tip Ian...

Ummm...

On coilovers the sprng-rate doesn't alter as you change the ride height, while the damping should be close to constant throughout the travel of the unit.

If the ride gets harder when you lower it lots it's because the coilovers are on the bumpstops...

Yeah, I know that the spring rate doesn't change (that's kinda the point of coil overs as I know you are well aware 8) ) but the shocks DO get harder the closer to the end of the travel they get...