Dox

How to - rear arch cuts from a donor shell

I've been doing a few shell cuts and having never done any before I didn't really know how to go about it. I removed the rear panel first which probably helps with the arches TBH

This is my second attempt having already done the drivers side for a practice I took pics to help anyone in a similar position

I found it easiest to sacrifice the whole quarter to allow easier access to the inner skin using the larger angle grinder

IMAG0551_zps8c8a3778.jpg

Once you've removed the section above there's just enough room to cut 80% of the inner arch from outside of the car with the small grinder (the chisel is just there to exaggerate the cut to show it more clearly

IMAG0552_zps9fb82c4b.jpg

The cuts at the bottom of each arch are cut from underneath and inside the arch - the space saver gives a little more room, you may need to remove the wheel totally depending where your vertical cuts end at the bottom of the arch

IMAG0553_zps11a3c208.jpg

You'll need both 9 and 4.5 inch angle grinders, a hammer and chisel to chop where the cuts don't quite meet and gloves!

Edited by Dox

I cut it all without doing that :smug: I'll post a pic 2moro I am a sheetmetal worker though.

I cut it all without doing that :smug: I'll post a pic 2moro I am a sheetmetal worker though.

Plasma cutter? I never took the wheels of and it could be done with the interior still inside. My shell has all sorts of crap thrown inside and a couple of inches of water too

I won't be doing it again, all safely tucked away in the garage loft - you never know when you'll need them :)

No mate just a small grinder and a cutting disc jazahyva.jpg

Bumper murderer! ;)

Lol it was knackered anyway

I bet there's one or two people who'd buy a bumper cut off you for a towing eye or exhaust cut out delete. Bumper iron if in good condition would be worth saving, they rot for fun

I bet there's one or two people who'd buy a bumper cut off you for a towing eye or exhaust cut out delete. Bumper iron if in good condition would be worth saving, they rot for fun

I'll check it to see cheer's Dox :thumbleft: