Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Can't open bonnet as cable has come loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any idea's how to open? As the cable is loose, sticking your arm up the drivers side to pull the cable doesn't work.

Seriouisly stuck and peeved off

can u remove the grill if so look on the sides the are too hook type things look like bent bits of coat hangers .. unclip these and the bonnet will open. i have done it but its fiddely...

Had a bonnet issue myself tonight but yanking the cable from underneath worked for me.

Only other way round it is what Darren suggested but I couldn't get my grille out (without breaking it) so gave up on that.

You can't seem to get to the passenger side hook from under the car either.

Hmmm, not good. A small consulation is replacements are only £23 from GPC. Money you shouldn't have to spend, but cheaper than the dealer at least.

If you sort it, can you let us know so that I can update the thread I did in the Servicing section?

Cheers

Good bit of contingency planning by VW I feel....not!

I had a similar problem on my G60 and a decent temporary solution was to remove the cable from the lever in the footwell and just tug on the cable with some pliars. Failing this (on the G60 at least) you can jact the front of the car up and just about operate the catches from underneath with a long screwdriver and a torch....although it is a bit of a fiddle it means you don't trash the grille.

Check out the common Corrado questions section on this forum as I recall reading a whole load of stuff about dodgy bonnet release cables.

as stated in the original post, the cable is loose at the bonnet catch end - using pliars, jacking up to pull the cable etc... does nothing cos it aint' connected at the catch end.

At least one catch cannot be operated with a screwdriver from below and the other (drivers side) is very difficult.

Its a piece of piss - You just look through the top of the grill - get something with a hook on the end - and look for the cable. Hook whatever you have round the cable and pull ! The bonnet should pop open.

I had a similar problem, my drivers side catch would not release!!..

Tried everything but couldn’t get it to open..

In the end i managed to strip the headlight down from the front bit by bit and directly behind the screw cap where you change the bulb was the release catch, if you get a screw driver behind you can release the catch!..

It took about 25mins to strip down the light and didnt brake a thing!