ExR32

Water in boot

Hi all,

Seem to have water dripping into boot.

I have changed the rear lights to aftermarket ones, which I can only assume the seal is not as good. Is there a chance these are the reason for it? It appears to be coming in from both corners, along with what just seems like condensation in spare wheel side walls?

Or could it jusrt be all round condensation as every morning the rear screen is mostly condensed up. I do have a front pingu dehumifier bag.

Hi,

Thanks for reply, do you mean the rear VW badge? thats the only one I have, the G60 one is only stuck on (yet it is a G60).

Its odd though as underneath each rear light cluster, if you pull the carpet away, that effectively flat panel below has water drips on it, both sides, then the spare tyre 'well' has condensation all way round and then a slight gathering of water at base. Makes no sense. Maybe I should fit the original rear lights again to see if that helps.

Although I have pulled the rear VW badge out a few times and replaced it and those 'blue' inserts are practically gone, but still wonder how the water manages to get to below light clusters, its not running that much.

If you have aftermarket rear lights, they can leak. I put mine under the spring and saw where it was leaking, then I put some silicone-like glue there.. Fixed it for me.