alan29

alan29

I acquired a 1993 Corrado VR6 in May last year 6 months prior to retiring from the Police. It is a 2 owner, 72000 miles (full service history and all MOTs). Interior is mint as are the speedlines. The paintwork (metallic Dragon Green)is good but is 21 years old. I took a punt on this car and travelled 400 miles to view it (funnily it was originally supplied by a VW main dealer only 25 miles from where I stay). It was sold to me within the first 500 yards of the test drive. Pulled like a train on steroids and what a sound track from that engine. Luckily the usual culprits (sunroof and spoiler)were working fine however a few items weren't so. Electric windows switch was inoperative, the fan only occasionally worked on setting 4 and the direction dial was tough to rotate, the ABS light was on and the engine fan(s) seem somewhat lethargic and take some time to cut in. I have done a few things to the car i.e. new arial, new battery, new plates and new front tyres. Covered some 1500 dry miles during the summer, what a car! Would have covered more but Scotland and the term 'rain free' are not the best bed fellows. The car is now in my local garage whom have been given a blank cheque to go through it including the usual work to the timing chain seeing. Once finished it is going for a windows out respray to bring it back to factory condition. Looking to find out whether there are any shows in Scotland or N England this year??? The car is going to be used, not shown however would like to see other owners cars and catch up with the local scene.

Welcome along Alan, where abouts are you?.......seems to be quite a few corrados in Scotland these days :)

I'm in Tillicoultry just east of Stirling. I have seen a few Corrados about since may last year but still in the single figures. I know of a cracking one for sale, a 1991 G60 with 28000 miles, in Alloa. I have seen it and it is exceptional however I am hung on my VR6. I have heard of a VW festival which is held somewhere north of Dundee during the summer months but other than that I don't know any more. My first car was a 1970 VW Beetle which I bought in 1981 and I used to go to the annual VW meet at Doune motor museum which was a great and well attended event. This ceased years ago when the museum closed.