Topcat147

Alloy Wheel Restoration

Hi,

I have a set of Corrado Esoril Wheels that have a bad case of peeling lacquer. As a result there is some corrosion under he lacquer and I now need to get the wheels stripped to then resprayed.

I've got quotes for restoring them but all way too much, so plan to so myself. So, onto my question....

As I do not have a sand blaster at my disposal, what product would you guys and girls recommend for stripping lacquer and paint off my alloys?

I've been told that nitromors is an option, but have also seen some negative reviews stating it can cause bad pitting. Can anyone advise?

Thanks all...

i used nitromors on my tt comps and had absolutely no problem with it at all. They were in a really sorry state when i bought them.

Prep is the most annoying and most time consuming bit but do it right take your time and you will reap the reward's at sale time.

Whereabouts are you? I used a company in Bradford to do my Borbet C winter wheels. They only charge £1 per inch, so it only cost me £16 per wheel. This was to blast off the old black paint and then powdercoat them.