Sign in to follow this  
NormanCoal

Enlarged throttle body

craig its for VR6

I'm having discussion with alpina 527 on email at moment - apparently can do 16valves as wel :!:

alpina527 time to spin your salesman thread :D

Johnboy,

I was at Stealth a couple of weeks and there was a Corrado VR6 there with similar spec to yours, 268s, Shrek, Carbon CDA, Piggy-back remap etc but no Throttle body and that gave 223bhp. I reckon yours is giving at least that, perhaps a bit more with the throttle.

May I ask what this did to your insurance?, my totally std Storm is sub £400 Fully Comp these days. Though those mods a my plan one day, as is wheels and shocks/springs.

Storm Warning, my insurance costs me £500 comp through Brentacre with ALL mods declared (shrek, shrek cams, TB, remap, suspension, wheels etc etc). The excess is quite high though, about £400 IIRC...but quite a lot modded car policies have high excesses that are underwritten by Highway.

Brentacre's policy is very relaxed. They basically cap the power (230bhp in my case) and then you can do anything you like to the car (inc roll cage) and it won't increase the premium and mods added after the policy inception date do not occur an admin fee either. I've used Brentacre for years and have always been impressed with their service....claims included.

K