Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

a little funky for $500

here is a corrado my friend plans on picking up for $500. it has some odd body mods, it looks as though they made a new body shell around the original body. would you guys suggest taking all of that crap off or trying to fix it. sorry i dont have any whole pictures of the car, this is all my friend sent me. it runs by the way, it has just been sitting for over a year.

there is a green/blue corrado under all that white!

let me know what you guys think he should do.

haha. i think the guy should just take all of that crap off and just get a new paint job. it looks like the REAL corrado body is probably fine under all that.

anything can be made good and buying something like that when money is tight or as a hobby it is a good idea. you can spend a bit of time whenever and spend cash when you are able to afford it. HAVE VISION AND LOOK BEYOND THE SHABBY PAINT.

the most important thing is that the shell is solid and you can do alot of the mechanical work yourself. i personally would buy that car for $500 which is only about £300 to me.

OMG looking at those pics is like watching a RSPCA advert F**** sad i can't belive any body would try and bodge up a corrado like that truly sad :cry:

mind you if the car runs it has to be worth $500 = £300

yeah, he picked it up yesterday. the paint is actually a pearl white. you just cant tell from those pictures. i drove it back to the guys house, i am guessing the ISV needs to be replaced, it has some major boost leaks that neeed to be fixed, and it will probably need oil, spark plugs, spark plug wires, a new o2 sensor, wheel spacers (because the wheels that are on it, the calapers scrape the inside of the wheel), some new shocks, a nice tune up from a shop, the body work, and some interior work, with all of that done, that car could be pretty sweet.

the car hasjust been sitting for over a year. but it has now been adopted by my friend as his secondary car (project car kept in car port) so he really doesnt have to get it done any time soon. the car itself could be pretty cool with a bit of work. and for $500, you really cant go wrong with that price concidering it runs. he could sell the parts off of the car and get his $500 back easly if he didnt want to try and fix it. (the interior on it is in awesome shape for the most part, there are a few weirds things, but its almost all new inside.)

oh my word!!

quick, get it indoors and attack it with the flapper discs. that'll need taking back to bare metal.

dman cheap car to start a project with though. it'd be nice to see it restored.

Bobbywhacker, that's a standard US spec front bumper which has been "flushed" into the bodywork with a couple of tubs of filler by the look of it...

I agree with Phat on this one, get teh flapper disks out and put on the face mask and goggles and go mad! 8) shouldn't take tooooooooo long to get it back to metal with no filler on it... 8)

Looks like the car was original a dark colour with a mad body kit stuck to it, the front bumper looks like the skined bumper that was stuck to it is broken off as does the wheel arch to sill piece. It looks badly done and signs uf rust under there kit. Its get the kit off the bumpers, remove them and then evauate the condition of the C before going any further, you could strip the engine and rest of the car and fund another C. But i'd strip it right back to bare metal rolling shell and take it from there. It should cost you very little to get it that far. and if you scrap i,t the parts are already off for selling!!

well, after he bought it he decided that he was going to keep it and go all out on it. since he has another car to drive right now, he is fine with taking his time on the corrado. this summer he is working full time to buy parts for the engine to make it run better, he is also saving up for the BBM twin screw charger for the engine. we decided we were also going to do most of the body work ourselfs. we got a hold of some sanders, crowbars, rubber hamers, and some safety equipment and started going to town.

we got the front and rear bumpers off of the car. this body work that was done on the car was even more ghetto than we thought. they used sheets of metal and screwed them into the body and connected them to the bumper and then used filler to smooth over it to make it look smooth. we also started taking off all of the paint and getting it down to bare metal. (this is turning into quite a cool project car)

the body underneith all of that crap is in nice condition, no dents or anything. i will keep you guys updated.

Bloody hell mate lol - can't you reduce the picture size a bit and then upload them as attachments please?

People on dial-up will love you, with no warning in the title ;)

ooh, by the look of that front bumper, that used to be a pearl green 'rado... 8)

I hope the person who bodged that car got hurt doing it... ;) :evil: :lol:

Looking better now though... looks like you've got a bit of work ahead though... :?

Good luck! 8)

ooh, by the look of that front bumper, that used to be a pearl green 'rado... 8)

I hope the person who bodged that car got hurt doing it... ;) :evil: :lol:

Looking better now though... looks like you've got a bit of work ahead though... :?

Good luck! 8)

As for the color, we believe that it was originally blue, then done pearl green, then "painted" white when that damn body kit was put on.

If I could find the person who did the work, they would be hurt. The front bumper was only being held on with two L shaped pieces of sheet metal on either side, which were held onto the body and bumper with wood screws and body filler, the same goes for the rear. I think it qualifies as assault...

The car was coming along nicely, however as a result of countless hours of sanding, I discoved I have some joint problems in my hands, leading to incredible amounts of pain, and a doctors bill. But I found someone I trust, who is going to do the sanding for me, at a super cheap price. once the whole thing has been primered and there is more than what josh has shown you, I will post pictures

Cool. Good to see it's being rescued from a fate worse than death.

I have to say, before you started stripping it down it was the absolute worst Corrado I've ever, ever seen. The guy who did that must have a few problems "upstairs". Still, I bet he lost a shedload of cash on it :)

Anyway, good to see you taking the time to restore it, nice work :) And kudos to you for seeing beyond the initial state and taking the project on - frankly, even at that price I would have walked,

Keep us informed of progress!