Stonejag

Side repeater wiring

I now have side markers fitted to the front bumper and wings with no holes in. :cheers: Unfortunately the body shop have put the wings back on without fishing the wiring through and now I can't find them to extend the wiring forward :lol:

Could someone please confirm for me where the wiring for the side repeaters runs from the engine bay into the space behind the wings? There are some suspicious-looking thin wires running along the middle of the scuttle panel which I think may be them, just don't want to disturb anything I don't have to. Not mad keen to mess the panel gaps up taking the wings back off, I imagine I'll have to remove the front wheels and arch liners to push it back through...

All good fun!

Ta,

Stone

Indicator wire is black/white for left indicator and black/green for right indicator. I'm not sure of the original path of the wires as I have redone all my looms.

Ya, the wires come from the scuttle area down through the rectangular drain on each side of the car.

Just reach up under the wing towards the door and you should get a hold of them.

Edited by diarmaid16

The wires will be behind the wings and the plastic splash guards under the wings. You should be able to loosen a couple of screws which hold the splash guards in place and ease them away from the wings which will let you get your hand in to access to the wires.

When I put my side markers in the bumper I couldn't be bothered to take my arch liners out ! I just re-wired them from the front indicators !

I ran my car for a few months with both side markers on,then when mine went in the body shop,the old wiring is tucked under my scuttle,just in case I wanted to put it back to original

Why on earth would you want to put it back to stock? That there's crazy talk :lol:

It's looking a lot better after some machine polishing and fresh paint, anyway!

corrado-fresh-paint.jpg

Gave the body shop the ends of an American bumper - they cut out the mounting points and welded it into my bumper so they're recessed correctly like they should be. I really like how well they disappear into the swage line, just need to get the rest of the side rubbing strips off when I'm feeling brave :)

corrado-sidemarkers.jpg

Thanks for the tips, should get them wired in tomorrow and I'll finally be free of having to reattach the side repeaters every time I park :lol:

Stone

That would be because you put yours in 10mm too low. On genuine bumpers the top of the side marker is only a couple of mm from the groove on the top.

corrado-bumperchunk5.jpg

corrado-bumperchunk6.jpg

Stone

Fair enough :lol:

They're pretty dim so I may invest in some high-efficiency LEDs for them. The ones that came with the markers are hopeless! Loving the cleaned-up front though...

Yeah, they're Eurocullen ones. Didn't realise how aggressively tinted they were, but they do blend in nicely!