Sign in to follow this  
Spork

When it goes bang ?

Whilst building my new engine, it has suddenly dawned on me that the previous engine destruction may of damaged the g-ladder.

Baisicly, it was either the piston rings or a hole in the cylinder, i have yet to take the head off the old engine to have a look.

But i was wondering if during the destruction, any shards of debris may of headed through the oil system, through the charger and munched the seals ? I had originaly assumed that the debris would of headed straight out the exhaust. But on dismantling i did find rather an excessive amount of oil in the intercooler. I am hoping that this is from the previous two times that the G-ladder's seals have failed, but I thought I'd ask to see if any one has encountered this happening in the past ?

Thanks Guys :!:

if you are unsure u are more than welcome to bring the charger down for a free health check . It can be open'd up and check for you while u wait.

A free health check sounds like a good plan to me !! If only the NHS was this helpful !!

To be honest i'm in to minds as wether or not to keep a G-ladder. I'd like some kind of bomb proof aftermarket jobbie. But budget, and the fact that I love the G-ladder, are stopping me from replacing it............. (currently) !

I shall be in touch regarding this, I plan to get the charger off the old engine this weekend and i'm off work a week after that, so around then will be a ideal for me.

I shall let you know as soon as i have some definate plans !!

Cheers !! :D

PS I shall relive you of a subframe and any other parts you have that I need, while im there !!

Hmmmmmm........ I'm thinking that this may of had something to do with me depositing a shed load of oil onto the poor people behind me on the motorway...... :oops:

hole.jpg

It's a hole in the side of his piston...... are you blind boy? :lol:

na kev i reckon he's LADDER-HAPPY :-P :-P :-P :-P

What the hell is it? Or is this TFT seriously out of phase :roll:

The close up was a tad out of focus, maybe this will put it more in perspective. Its the number 1 piston thats gone.

block.jpg

wow. how.. why how , was it burning lean, injector knackered.?? oh well. you might as well put some 1.9 's in there. darren sould be able to get you some.

Not 100% sure why, the fact the engine had 180k on it whilst the odometer read 107k coupled with the fact that i was traveling at around 130mph, may of had something to do with it :oops:

I have a new short block which i am currently building up. It has about 15k on it, which is nice. But i'm sticking with 1.8 for the time being.