Gregors

Rear door card screws pics?

On my green storm the rear door cards are starting to tear at the screws holding the door card down towards the driver and passenger door.

On mine they're normal screws which have led to the leather tearing. Are they the right screws or should there be bigger (flatter) screws that don't tear the leather?

Hope you understand this any help would be great!!!

That's the correct screw. Maybe it's been over tightened and hasn't allowed for the expansion/contraction during temperature changes. Occasionally when people remove them they can stab the screw driver into the leather by mistake..

Yeah I agree drives me mad how interiors are taken apart then just put back together with no care!!! Might have to find a way of hiding and preserving this if you've any ideas!!

If you could find some cream leather, cut a piece out and glue it and hopefully shouldn't look obvious as the screw will hold it in place. Or take it to a trimmer to repair. Have you got the little screw head insert? Should be cream coloured which will also detract the eye

I do know the inserts you're on about. Might get it retrimmed as I know it's there now.

Anyway really appreciate your reply and I'll probably need your expertise in the future if you don't mind.

Top man and thanks again

I know a good trimmer but based over this way in Bournemouth. Can PM you his number if you like. Just shout if you do. You are welcome

Is the leather still there around the screw, as in is the material still flapping about?

If it is, i would be tempted to take the screw out and lift leather slightly and stick it back down with some super glue.

I think this will take your eye away from it, unless its a full on show car.

I feel your pain

I just spent 2 months taking my entire interior out (inc dash) fixing everything up/lining mating faces with felt etc.....then fitting new clips on everything, totally solid and squeek free now.......but what a lot of work!