daves16v

VR Chains - Direction?

Hi all,

I'm swapping the chains and tensioners over from my buggered engine to the replacement, now do the chains have a direction of rotation as per the Bentley manual (arrow on chains) or not as per the Wiki guide? I have genuine VAG chains with no direction arrow.

Also on the lower chain tensioner can I press the pad back in before I re-fit? It doesn't seem to want to push back and I don't want to force it.

Cheers

Dave

I couldn't see the arrows on mine either. I wondered if they meant you should mark them if taking them off and back on again.

Can't remember the lower tensioner bit. But seem to recall maybe pushing something with a screwdriver then squeezing it. Might of been something else though. It's all a blur.

Sorted the tensioner pad, there's a hole for a small screwdriver that releases it, it's actually in the Bentley manual.

Fitted the chains both ways and there was no difference, they've only got about 1500 miles on them.