Sign in to follow this  
VR6-slc storm

smell of petrol

:twisted: recently in my '92 corrado vr6 (slc), ive noticed an intermittant smell of petrol... it mainly happens when cornering and accelerating under load. the smell seems to come from the rear of the car ( i think). i have already put new jubilee clips on the hose for the fuel pressure regulator and on the fuel lines on the ends of the fuel rail but this has had no affect. any1 got any ideas or had the same problem???? also, my air conditioning has stop blowing cold, i think it needs recharged or something, any1 know roughly how much it would cost to have it re-charged??? any help on the above matters would be much appreciated. thx ppl. any1 going to the GTI festival at biggar in scotland???

try sealing up the gas tank cover in the back (next to the spare tire,-black somewhat round, 3 screws) just put some insulation around the edge of the cover and screw her down tight. that should solve your problem. (it worked for me)