ross k

holiday advice scotland or the lakes

hi guys its my 21st in april so im going away for a week with a few mates were all into cars so want to go somewhere with good driving roads but also brilliant scenery etc. We went to Scotland glenco etc last September im keen to go back and go up to the cairngorms and west coast but their reluctant to drive that far and want to go the lakes Ive never been their and was after some advice about what their like where to stay and will it match up to Scotland thanks Ross

The B9007 & B9008 are, IMHO, the best driving roads bar none. Well worth doing a loop up round Aberdeen.

Edited by science

It wont match anywhere near to scotland mate drive up past Loch lomond up to this place https://www.argyllholidays.com/parks/drimsynie-estate-holiday-village Either that or head further up to Oban cracking drive and a great place or head further up to Fort William again brilliant road's and awesome view's (weather dependant) You have the right idea mate really is a beautiful area of a truly amazing Country

Been the lakes numerous times but went around scotland a couple of years back in a vw campervan (new one) with the gf the roads the scenery awesome.

cheers for the advice guys i really enjoyed it last year think im just gonna try and persuade my mates to drive that bit further if they will persist in owning unreliable jap cars .Anyone got any idea what the weather will be like in scotland in mid april

I have been up into Scotland a few times now and am always in awe of it. The scenery is exceptional and once you get up past Glasgow you can find some fantastic (and quiet!) roads to enjoy the Corrado on. Scotland would get my vote every time.

I have been up into Scotland a few times now and am always in awe of it. The scenery is exceptional and once you get up past Glasgow you can find some fantastic (and quiet!) roads to enjoy the Corrado on. Scotland would get my vote every time.

Ditto :awesome: driving road's and good people up here. If you can but Ross get them to go up further even as far as the Island's you will not regret it

Edited by clumpy1

well when we went in september we stayed near inverary and then went up to fort william a couple of times and drove the glencoe road which was awesome. Also drove some good ones around glen Nevis. This time i was thinking of going further up around the cairngorms but im a bit concerned about snow but i may be being daft :) should be a good convoy and a bit of a 90s showdown with my corrado a nissan 180sx and a volvo 850 t5 cant wait just gotta find somewhere good to stay

im not sure at the moment somewhere just above fort william glencoe so i can explore a bit more around glencoe but also travel further up would love to visit the west coast but know nothing of the area will have a chat with my mates as its a long old way from good old kent :)

West Coast and east coast have some amazing roads. West coast up to Fort William is pretty busy in summer (but no where near lakes busy) so April is probably a really good time. As for weather, dont plan for any as it can and will change very quickly but its not as wet as some believe.

I love the proper north west i.e. Skye road, Kyle of Lochalsh, Ulapool and around that area as its still relatively quiet. Ive been up there many times, in fact I took a wee day trip on a certain royal wedding was on a few years back http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=49027&page=50

I may be slightly biased as I live on Skye but honestly the roads anywhere around the North West of Scotland could have been used when the Corrado was being designed! And for some extra fun - get onto the single track roads!!!!