Duvel

More then 10 years without a Raddo.. Got me another one :-D

Hi,

Since i am new to this forum, here's a little introduction.

More then 10 years ago i sold my dreamcar '89 1.8 16V wich was completely revised and shaved...

I have always regretted that i was forced to sell this car (kids, marriage, financial, blabla)

Recently i stumbled upon a corrado sitting in a warehouse gathering dust...

It was standing still for years ... Hooked up a battery.... Turned the key... Pumped 2 times and the engine started purring like a kitten :-D.

The owner stored it because of a head gasket leak and parted with it for 500 £ :-D

It is waiting in my workshop where i am also restoring an MKII jag from 68 and hope to find some people with more info on the engine revision cause i can't wait to have this one finished and restored in all it's glory ;-).

Greets from belgium ...

Mmmm... Apparently uploading pics from iphone or ipad, doesn't work. Will post some when i get in the office later today ;-)

Mmmm... Apparently uploading pics from iphone or ipad, doesn't work. Will post some when i get in the office later today ;-)

Open a Photobucket account, and download the iPad app. :)

Welcome home then Duvel

Great to hear you have scratched that itch again......its funny how thos with the love always seem to come back at some point

Pics pls :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78048[/ATTACH]

i call this a hidden treasure if you look past the dust and the flat tires (had a little to much fun testing the engine)

foreseen work = matte black with clean shave and some big ass rims ;-)

Edited by Duvel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78049[/ATTACH]

this is exactly how it should look..

after the revision of the engine off course ;-)

Welcome home then Duvel

Great to hear you have scratched that itch again......its funny how thos with the love always seem to come back at some point

Pics pls :)

I have driven a lot of cars in the last 10 years, but nothing compares to the responsivenes and joy i had when driving a Corrado. I had a 1.8 16V wich was not the most powerfull car, but when you know your rado, lots of more powerfull cars could only see my spoiler going up :-p

I have driven a lot of cars in the last 10 years, but nothing compares to the responsivenes and joy i had when driving a Corrado. I had a 1.8 16V wich was not the most powerfull car, but when you know your rado, lots of more powerfull cars could only see my spoiler going up :-p

^^^^ my first was a 1.8 16v too mate & im still on the look out for it if i could get it back :D :D :D

you have your work cut out but its excellent to hear another rado has been saved

I know its a rado forum but could we have some pics of the jg in the back of your garage too, it looks extremely interesting!!! lol

I have a 2.0 16V and this one is registered as regular instead of sportscar (1.8 16V) here in Belgium so it is much cheaper :-D

Below some pics of the Jag

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78051[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78055[/ATTACH]

Thanks Duvel!

The Jag looks superb!! & it looks like you have a cracking workshop over there.

Out of curiosity, what is the motor in the background of the gunmetaljag pic - you can see the bonnet is tilted upright?

Thanks Duvel!

The Jag looks superb!! & it looks like you have a cracking workshop over there.

Out of curiosity, what is the motor in the background of the gunmetaljag pic - you can see the bonnet is tilted upright?

We have a workshop to do all the prepping and mechanical works, the paintjob and nose reconstruction is done by our regular partner who delivers superb paintjobs..

at a decent price ;-)

the car in the back is a car that our partner is designing himself (tube frame with v8 big block and own design glass fiber body)

Actually this corrado will be entirely done by myself since i'm on a tight budget because of quitting my dayjob and going independent..

in 2 monts i have to return my company car and i needed a car to get around ;-)

since i'm doing everything myself and i have 23 days of holiday to take before then, i made the choice to fix the rado instead of buying a new car :-D

estimated needed money to get it on the road 600 for the engine revision and 400 for the exterior... better then 10k for a decent second hand car..

finally got to work on the rado... had it sitting outside till last week and rust had a go at it :-/[ATTACH=CONFIG]80068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80069[/ATTACH]

did an engine revision (top) and she purrrrrrs like a kitten (large type :-p)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80070[/ATTACH]

First layer of the paintjob finished today (no plastidip or wrapping) second layer has to wait for 2 days and then i can start on the interior and the rims etc.

Also i still have to replace the coolant system and some hoses and cables etc in the engine bay... all together it was a good couple of days ;-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80071[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80072[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80073[/ATTACH]