Sign in to follow this  
raddo_g60

G60 drives more like a vr6 and poor throttle response HELP!

Hi guys. Just bought a corrado g60 and i should be really happy as my dream car. Just a few little niggles to sort out. My main concern is the performance so far though.

I am used to a mk1 golf gti (standard) with k jet throttle response. The corrado g60 seems if anythign slower than the mk1. Well FEELS that way. i know it probably is quicker.

When I boot it in second, or any gear really, it doesnt have this low down pull people talk of with g60s. Instead, its like a really progressive pull, much like a vr6 in fact where it progressively pulls up to around 4-4.5k then really flies off. But Iam having to really keep the revs up to make progress. I wasnt expecting anything amazing as I know standard they could use mor epower, but it feels like it should be quicker really. Feels lathargic.

I have tried to check my boost readings but cant work out how to do it using the guide often posted on this forum. I cant get numbers up that mean anything. (late spec g60 with digital milometre reading)

The previous owner got a charger imported from belgium off ebay apparently. What implications are there running a foreign g ladder? they dont have different spec over there do they?

Also, the throttle response is poor in the g60. I know they respond well to tuneing and an anti lag chip which i plan to do later on, but I want to make sure everythign is ok before tuneing. It really does feel a little lazy until throttle kept down for a while. Almost like a turbo cahrged car waiting to spool up.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Standard G60's are very tame, the big pulley really doesnt provide enough boost to make the G60 behave like a performance car should. Digi-Lag also retracts from the throttle response which we can remedy.

A 68mm pulley, 3.5bar FPR and SNS No Lag chip will really change the car. BUT as you mentioned, the first thing to do before tuning is make sure everything is working as it should be. Check your sensors (Knock, lambda, temp) check your vac lines for boost leaks, check the ecu vac line is in good shape and 1m long etc.

Maybe you should get your car over to G-Werks for a health check and tune.

I know this may be a long shot, but in your last thread, you mentioned the handbrake getting in the way when changing gears, suggesting it may not be all the way down.

Is there any way the handbrake is not fully releasing?

I guess you could test this by trying to push the car with the handbrake off?

Thanks richie but It definitely is fully down / released - just higher up than expected.

With regards to checking my knock, lambda, temp and vac lines and ecu vac line....where do I look for these things and how do I "check" them? :( Im v sorry im such a newb

Hand brake should always be fully down and flush with the console that it sits in... if it aint then its sticking... simple.

Hand brake should always be fully down and flush with the console that it sits in... if it aint then its sticking... simple.

not really

my mates corrado handbrake always seems to sit higher than mine and this weekend we found out why

Basically the metal plate that the handbrake sits on had been bent/pulled up over time and when he went to put the handbrake on this weekend it came off in his hand lol

Once we removed all the trim we could see what had been happening over time