davevw

Ben _wooduk

Indeed - that can be very awkward / difficult, but I think you would have been within your rights to kick up more of a stink in terms of action against the other forum member. I certainly don't remember the incident, nor the forum member involved if I'm honest.

Should be in the depths of the bad seller thread somewhere , the forum member posted recently and I replied saying that grill looks nice (which is what I paid for ) the comment was lost in him though !

Rob

Another forum I use has a 'heroes and villains' section for feedback on sales, which means that you can search a bit more easily (a new thread is posted for positive / negative feedback for a user each time, meaning you just search that whole subforum for the persons username in the subject). I'd assume that the sale system Andi is looking at might have some kind of feedback / reputation system though so probably worth us seeing how that works before we look at making any other changes.

Another forum I use has a 'heroes and villains' section for feedback on sales, which means that you can search a bit more easily (a new thread is posted for positive / negative feedback for a user each time, meaning you just search that whole subforum for the persons username in the subject). I'd assume that the sale system Andi is looking at might have some kind of feedback / reputation system though so probably worth us seeing how that works before we look at making any other changes.

That sounds much more handy than a single thread. Yeah, Andi's changes might have something with any luck.

I'll make this quick .....

Check out the for sale thread, has anyone followed the rules, has anyone claimed 1st dibs?

No.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=86019

Yet you are all quick to dig the boot in on a thread under my name in which i have been a member for many years and always sold items at a reasonable price.

Check how long i have been a member for and how many corrados i have owned, i knew exactly how much those wheels were worth, i just wanted to sell them to a fellow forum member for the same price i paid. . . . Which is exactly what has happened.

I suggest this thread should be removed or at least locked in the interest of fairness.

I just want to clear on something here , I did enter on this thread as "a bit off topic " and in no way suggesting that Ben wooduck is the forum member that ripped me off , when I tried to purchase a front grill . It's another forum member altogether .

Rob

I do agree with Ben that this probably has gone as far as it should. I don't think he deliberately intended to mislead anyone and to be honest given that no money had even changed hands or anything, I don't especially feel he did anything wrong.

Guys if you want to dispute things, I think it's probably better to do it over PM. If something has actually happened however regarding items being paid for then not received then I think it's fair to air it on the forum.

Thanks.