deamon90002004

heater bypass valve 91 g60

hey all, i think i've already asked this question

my car gets nice and toasty with in a few mins of being on, but as the engine gets upto temp the heating cuts out (guessing cos of the bypass valve) i've heard about swapping it out for 22mm copper pipes and kinking in the middle to restrict flow, if i put my foot down hard and get the engine temp to drop below mid way heating kicks in.

what are peoples opinions on doing this?

and when im sitting in traffic i can't hear my fan going and i have watched my engine temp hit over 110 the other day and nothing, got home, i can hear it kick in but then starts squeaking, so im gonna swap it out for an uprated,

but i have seen on a couple of websites, a thermostat kit that includes a 73c stat and temp sensor to kick the fan in sooner, would this help with my over heating issue and possibly help keep engine temp down enough to keep heater on?

Yeah the bypass valves are terrible! Certainly get rid of it but look as replacing the heater matrix for new. Then you've got lovely warm heaters but no worry of scolding your feet :)

The low temp thermostat and fan switch is a great mod! One of the best I did on my G60, kept it at 90 or just a smidge under at all times, even in really hot summers and sat in traffic. Uprated cooling fan is a great mod too :)