iceviolet

Stick or Twist?? Opinions please

Hi,

I have had my Corrado quite a while now and the best part of the last two years it has hardly moved! A few months ago I had a surge of energy and decided to get it back on the road, put some money into it, get it resprayed etc. I have sourced a Recaro UV interior and I have got all the MOT jobs done so far! I am a big fan of everything with the Corrado and feel somewhat loyal to it!

BUT..

I bought a 2002 Mercedes E-Class estate diesel as a run around and I have been very impressed with it and Mercedes in general. I think I have got the Mercedes bug, similar to how I felt when I bought my first mk2 golf driver!

I had been looking into buying a newer E-class diesel estate, maybe 2010/11 model and keeping the Corrado as a toy.....Until I stumbled across and became quite obsessed with the W211 E63 AMG Estate for similar money!!

SO the dilemma is should I Stick with my Corrado and get her restored somewhat, and keep the Diesel estate as a run around?

OR Should I Twist and get rid of both cars and opt for 500+BHP animal of a car!

Both have positives and negatives. I don't use my car for work as I work away quite a lot and don't do many miles per year. So having the two cars is quite hard to justify.

Opinions and thoughts welcome

If you hardly use one car, whats the point in paying for two, dump that Merc and turbo the VR :lol:

Easy to be lured by one of the brutal Mercs.. those C/E63's sound absolutely spectacular. I guess my only worry would be the repair costs if something broke. I think like how Audi have the (in)famous RS tax, I should imagine any of the big AMG Mercs have the ability to bankrupt you pretty swiftly if something goes wrong.

I guess if you have an "in case of emergency" budget though, I'd say f@ck it and get it bought! I can't imagine you'd ever get bored of the noise coming out of the exhausts of one of those things :)

Between the Corrado and the Merc one of them could be out of control expensive to fix if it breaks.

I'm just not sure which one :D

Yes Turbo VR, Rotrex VR has been on my mind on more than one occasion! But once you start doing projects like that you would be constantly tweaking things and modifying things i reckon to get it perfect. I have become quite a fan of the OEM state of cars where everything is left un abused and as it was initially designed.

The corrado can still come up with expensive surprises itself like you say Portent.

Unless you have a real emotional attachment to the VR sell and get the Merc. For all the Corrado's are worth you can should be able to pick up another decent one in the future if you wish. In fact Im thinking the same right now as well as to be honest mine just sits and does jack right now so Id rather someone made use of it, plus the extra space would be nice.

Good point Coullstar. I cant see Corrado prices going into orbit anytime soon.

I think the general opinion so far has been go for it!

It would be nice to try and hold on to the Corrado but i would need the garage space also.

So you may see my Corrado up for sale soon along with parts!!