Sign in to follow this  
RadoAds

PIPERCROSS INDUCTION FOR A K-JETRONIC.......ANYGOOD??

Just noticed on http://www.deutscheperformance.co.uk they have a pipercross induction kit for the k-jetronic 1.8 16v engine which apparantly replaces the bottom half of the airbox with a cone type filter.

is anyone using this mod at the minute, if so let us know how it sounds and performs compared to the original, as i dont know whether to go for this or the trusty k&n panel and a few choice holes in the box, but i would prefer a better induction roar similar to my old Mk3 Vr6......(not much chance of that :( )

i nearly bought one for my old golf,but in the end i just drilled the airbox,and removed the snorkel,stroeve do an induction kit for the kjet,i think eurotek sell them,but they arnt cheap

Ive got one on mine.The drilled box i had was louder,i only went for the piper 1 cos ive made a nice carbon heat shield for it and it looks sweet!

You can also use the bottom half off of some of the older volvos with k-jet, mostly 240's iirc. Its a dished metal plate with an outlet pipe i think of between 2-2.5 inches in dia and completely removes the bottom part of the airbox

You can also use the bottom half off of some of the older volvos with k-jet, mostly 240's iirc. Its a dished metal plate with an outlet pipe i think of between 2-2.5 inches in dia and completely removes the bottom part of the airbox

just bear in mind too tho that rest of the world motor's(like european and uk spec)might have slightly different K-jet systems than US/N.American spec.......IIRC the Porsche 924lux's K-jet is slightly different from the US-market version.....can't remember what tho :oops:

What about the performance Flusted, which do you think had the edge??? The surface area of the cone is swaying me towards it but like you say if the roar from the drilled box is more aggressive then i might have to go that way............decisions decisions, I drilled the box on my old Mk2 golf but back in them days there werent any induction cones available for the Kjet :roll:

Like i said i only bought mine cos it looks good,It felt a little bit more responsive but i fitted it with 10mm ht leads at same time so dont know which made the difference :roll:

You must have good heatshield if your guna use piper item otherwise you will lose power

does anyone know if the 1.8 16v k-jet pipercross induction kit will fit on the 2.0ltr 16v ke-jet?? please help, im so confused!!

i have done this mod

instantly i noticed a power loss but the noise it creates is meaty LOL togther with a 50mm inlet and it sounds like a VR6 *don't make fun of me*

not worth the £96 but still...