JMC

Alarm or Immobiliser, any recommendations?

My Clifford alarm has started playing up, and I've been reliably informed that it is responsible for my battery going flat every 3 days if I don't run the car. It is at least 10 years old to be fair, but I'm now thinkng about alternatives. Having spoken to my insurer they mentioend they no longer need an alarm for the insurance, just an immoboliser, which is great as I would much prefer to get rid of the alarm completely and strip out loads of superfluous wiring. I've been told Cobra are good ones, but does anyone have any other recommendations or thoughts on this?

Cobra do seem very decent. A few folks also seem to swear on Toad alarms - I know a few folks with them and they never seem to run into problems with false alarms, etc.

I *think* I've got an Autowatch on my VR6 currently (though would have to check the paperwork) and that's been very reliable.

I have a Toad AI606 on mine, also had it on my previous corrado, zero problems, can't say more than that :)

any alarms only as good as the installation. I have a similar problem on my Toad 606. It turned out to be a faulty ultrasonic sensor so my work around is to alarm the car without the ultrasonics. Your Clifford has a lifetime warranty so id find my nearest Clifford installation centre and go get your current alarm sorted