corrado wannabe

Corrado at classic car auction

Nice little C for sale tomorrow at this auction. Looks a solid original example:

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic-auctions/saturday-5th-april-2014.aspx

You need to scroll down to the bottom as its in alphabetical order by marque

(I have no connection with this firm or owner, just stumbled on it while dreaming about TR6's!)

Dougie

Nice find. Does look extremely clean and straight!

Am rather more enamoured with lot #34 - 1993 BMW E34 M5 TOURING

img_1856.jpg

Drool.

Nice little C for sale tomorrow at this auction. Looks a solid original example:

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic-auctions/saturday-5th-april-2014.aspx

You need to scroll down to the bottom as its in alphabetical order by marque

(I have no connection with this firm or owner, just stumbled on it while dreaming about TR6's!)

Dougie

could be a bargain with 63K on the clock if its genuine....

3 grand for a 2cv Dolly :)

[h=4]There are some lovely cars on there.

I like this one:

1967 Jaguar E Type 2+2

LOT 92[/h]Believed, but not yet confirmed, to be the 1967 Earls Court Motor Show car, this 2 owner 39,000 mile 2+2 was originally purchased by a countryside vet who fitted the roof rack in order to facilitate the removal of dead sheep whilst on his rounds. The vendor, who has owned the car since 1978 describes the car as a very original example that requires restoration. Complete with original Jaguar tool kit in roll, Jack, Jaguar E-Type operating maintenance and service handbook, Original Jaguar sales and service facilities booklet, Original service book showing 9 services to 1976, original Jaguar passport service book, original routine maintenance chart, original green RF60 log book and older style V5 confirming the 2 owners. Last taxed and MoT'd in in 1985 at 38,748 miles.

I know, love the stories attached to old cars. Some of the money those mercedes "pagodas" are doing is incredible, but there is something really modern about the front end of them. Timeless.

Thats why you cant beat old cars for class.

Still think the Corrado is a genuine one the more I look at the pictures.

Dougie

I want that one....no wait that one....no wait....why did you show me this page!

To be fair bud if you look at the february results:

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic-auctions/results-january-2014.aspx

Their not too far off the mark, and noticed there was a VR at that that sold for £1300

Dougie

In fact looking at that page a lot of stuff broke the estimate comfortably so if anything they're a little conservative.

You were spot on Kempy, a few things seem to have bust the estimate.

The Corrado sold for £2730.

Pretty healthy money, but could be a nice little buy for whoever won it.

Dougie

That is good for a valver - Just shows the original and tidy examples command the best money!

That said, I'm always amazed at how much stuff goes for at auctions - I can't see how traders make any money?