GlosterOx

Tailgate Lock

Found out last night that the tailgate does not lock with the same key as all the other locks - Can it be retumbled?

Ian.

Yep, hand to change the barrel on mine as it was full of road crap and I couldn't get the key in!

Pop off the arm from the central locking actuator, then two bolts to remove. Bit awkward removing the barrel, you have to press the button in and simultaneously remove the small brass retaining cross pin at the back. With the pin out you should be able to wiggle it free with the right key inserted. If you don't have the right key you''ll have to pick it...

Not worth doing unless you're going to replace the rubber seal at the front of the barrel at the same time, otherwise it'll just lock solid with road dirt before you know it. Might be worth checking this hasn't happened with a good squirt of WD40 before getting too into it!

Stone

Yep, hand to change the barrel on mine as it was full of road crap and I couldn't get the key in!

Pop off the arm from the central locking actuator, then two bolts to remove. Bit awkward removing the barrel, you have to press the button in and simultaneously remove the small brass retaining cross pin at the back. With the pin out you should be able to wiggle it free with the right key inserted. If you don't have the right key you''ll have to pick it...

Not worth doing unless you're going to replace the rubber seal at the front of the barrel at the same time, otherwise it'll just lock solid with road dirt before you know it. Might be worth checking this hasn't happened with a good squirt of WD40 before getting too into it!

Stone

Thanks Stone, very helpful - Any idea on the Part Nr for the Rubber Seal at the front of the barrel?

Ian.