Alex P

Sunroof Replacement

Hello People,

Im going to be replacing my sunroof this weekend entirely with new runners. There wasnt a problem with my old ones apart from it didnt slide only tilted so I manually wound it a bit too far thinking it may sort it out and snapped the tilt :bonk:

From looking over the new runners it looks to me as if it just bolts in with 3 bolts either side after sliding the lining out?

Also I was wondering how to change the exterior panel as I have a good one on the car already which matches the paint so im not keeping on the one I have with the new runners. I cant seem to see any bolts or anything at a glance, havent had a chance to look over it properly yet, but is it just a pop out pop in job or is there more to it? (dont want to be causing any damage to my new runners aha)

Thanks!

I changed mine recently. Once you have the whole cassette out slide the lining out (will take a bit of force). Then the panel will be visible from the underside. There are 4 torx screws that you need to undo and then the panel will just fall off.

When you put the new one you need to align the lid up with the roof correctly then tighten the torx screws up accordingly.

hope this helps

Don't forget to use the search , it tells you how to aline the sunroof correctly . Failure to do so will cause jamming and scratches to the paint .

Rob

I changed mine recently. Once you have the whole cassette out slide the lining out (will take a bit of force). Then the panel will be visible from the underside. There are 4 torx screws that you need to undo and then the panel will just fall off.

When you put the new one you need to align the lid up with the roof correctly then tighten the torx screws up accordingly.

hope this helps

Nice one man I've just managed to get the old sunroof out and about to change the panels over, when I was pulling out the lining though some kind of metal spring clip snapped and I'm not quite sure what it is? Looks like it could be something o do with holding the lining in place, I'm hoping it's nothing to important

Nice one man I've just managed to get the old sunroof out and about to change the panels over, when I was pulling out the lining though some kind of metal spring clip snapped and I'm not quite sure what it is? Looks like it could be something o do with holding the lining in place, I'm hoping it's nothing to important

Just slide it back in as best you can. This happened to mine and it still works fine :)

Its all good turns out its for the inner lining to raise up when you tilt the sunroof but luckily one side is enough for it to still work! I managed to get it all lined up first time which I was not expecting still made sure I had precautionary masking tape ready to save any potential scratches though :)

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNjAuanBn_zps830a27c1.jpg

All back in and working now anyway so thanks for the advice!