corrado wannabe

Nice little profit??

Well at least if a dealer thinks they can make a profit then It does prices may be firming.

Jesus!

Nice to see prices are on the up but I thought the auction price really was top money...

Tidy and original car but nothing special really... For that amount you'd want a car with low miles and perfect paint, no rust or signs of bodywork or windscreen replced.

I have a vague feeling they may go up in value in the near-future. I was recently rear-ended and my insurance company were going to write the car off dispite very little damage. They valued my car at £2000 based on a basic valuation by glasses. I argued with them and they revalued it at £4,500-£7,000 deciding that my low milage and 'good' condition placed it in the £6-7k bracket. I have a 94 VR6 flash red Automatic with 73k miles

Now, I was just grateful they wanted to repair it, and personally I wouldn't place it in that value range myself. Although I did ask them what my chances of getting an identical car for £2,000 would be, considering there are only 70ish Autos in the UK, this could have effected their figure. But I can't help but wonder if people are starting to invest* in newer classic cars and this will inevitably put the value up sooner than originally thought. There was recently a feature on TV claiming that classic cars are set to increase in value faster than gold. I wouldn't place any great importance in it but it makes you wonder...:shrug: They featured an H reg BMW and an 80s rolls-Royce if I recall.

*I'm not sure a Corrado is a good choice for "investment" :p

Edit - just another thought: the scrapage scheme has lost our roads an awful lot of older cars, I wonder if this has had a knock on effect for some makes/models.

Edited by DPS
Another thought...

I can't see anyone buying a valver for that. No matter the mileage. I bet in person it's just same as mine lol.

I emailed the dealer asking him if he had got the asking price for the corrado, and he replied yes, and that it was a lovely car. maybe prices are on the up, and it was just a lowly valver too. ha ha, maybe ironically as there are not many valvers left they may now be worth more than VR`s

cool anyone want to buy my vr6? 10,000

get em now whilst there hot, they're on the up