fla

physical cam differences?

Has anyone taken any photos of their standard cams versus the 263s? I have a purported set of Newman cams 264s but they look almost identical to my vw ones, the only difference being that the ends are stamped BP 270. Looking at the Newman website these could actually be 270 cams, which will perhaps be too rough for me,and more comparable to 268s.

Strangely though, the body of the cam is the same, with the VW and Audi logo, so i am suspecting that they are indeed normal cams. Has anyone got a pic of their Schimmels perhaps from the end to compare cam profiles, lobe profiles, perhaps lobe positioning, or anything to show differences?

Edit: Ok these might be Piper BP 270 cams instead of Newman as i originally understood. These also have a duration of 264 (confusing though, with the 270 denoted)according to the Piper site. However, it doesn't explain the VW Audi logos, unless these are regrinds?

Edited by fla

They sound like the regrind version mate.

Schimmel cams don't have a VW stamp, just some other letters stamped on them.