stu37

Stage 2 VR6 Fan Problem.....

Hi guys,

Recently with the increasingly warm weather I have noticed that the car has started to get really hot (Corrado VR6). I have had a good read of the cooling guide and been able to test the fan speeds.

(Stage 1) All OK

(Stage 2) DEAD AS A DODO.

(Stage 3) All OK.

(Afterun) All OK.

knowing that the second stage of the fan relies upon the fan controller and the rad switch, both have been replaced with no change. No wires appear to broken and wonder if it could be the brushes in the fan?

I have been scratching my head for some time and cannot think of any other logical problems...

I have even considered trying to find a lower rated temp sensor (Normally to trigger fan speed 3) to trigger it nearer that of fan speed 2.

The operation of fan speed 1 (when running not testing) only triggers for no more then 10 seconds before powering down and after a few moments operating again.

Any thought would be much appreciatted!!!

Take the connector off the fan motor and Check if you're getting a current at to the motor when you bridge the stage 2 connectors on rad sensor.

If you are then must be a motor problem if not then could be a short or the controller.

Have you checked the controller fuses?