southerner88

new LED bulbs for the instrument panels....

Hi all,

Had a search through previous threads for help with this but ive confused myself....

I am wanting to upgrade my instruments lights so I can see them but after searching ebay and other online places, there are so many to choose from and I dont know which are good / bad / will fit / wont fit,

Ideally I want to go blue instead of the standard green, is there any chance someone else has gone blue and possibly have a link to somewhere I can buy some that will 100% fit?

I used some surface mounted led trip from maplin and changed the mfa film to red - I can take a pic of the illumination if it will help, but it was not a like for like swap as I couldn't find a decent blue film to cover the white bulbs up in the instrument binnacle.

I removed the bulbs and film and put in the blue led strip - you'll need to have basic wiring skills, but it is a piece of **** to do. It's nice and bright and works with the dimming rheostat too. The rest of my switchgear is now red, inc the heater controls that are graduated from blue to red on the heat setting.

e: a problem with leds is that the beam tends to be quite narrow, preventing a decent spread of light - the led strips have three leds per bit, so get a good, even spread of light.