daveb142

Rear Discs..... ABS Question

I'm ordering new discs and pads this week, however I was just wondering if the ABS ring on the back of the discs could be transferred to the new discs? Otherwise it's around a £10 difference per disc haha.

Cheers

Dave

You would be better off just getting new rings, as the old ones do tend deform when taking them off.

And you don't want to find out later on there is a fault, only to strip the rear discs again.

Are you putting in new bearings?

Yeah that's that I thought! And ofcourse! New discs and bearings all round... How do they attach to the disc?

They are made slightly undersize, so you just set them into place and gently tap them home with a hammer.......... they are purely an interference fit.

Brilliant thanks for the reply guys. I'm going to remove the Corrado's rear discs tomorrow and have a look at removing the abs ring / how it's all assembled and will go from there. Thanks!

Always use new rings, not worth the effort...

make sure you also buy new carrier bolts and also the dust cover / washer for the stub axle which protects the rear bearing seal.

I'll take a trip down to VW and see how much they charge for new rear rings, if it's less than the £20 extra i'll most likely get them. And noted, many thanks!

I bought genuine disks from veedubmachine last year and they threw in the ABS rings for a couple of quid.

They picked up a massive job lot of them a few years ago apparently and they're trying to clear them.

The disks were much cheaper than dealer price as well.

I reused my abs rings and have had no problems but i would order new carrier bolts as they will round off. Think they were about £3.20 each.

Saw the ones on eBay earlier, thanks dude!

And I need to make a trip to VW monday morning anyway, so will order them then :)