Mouser

Wheels on car? Et question

Hi there, I'm a new owner and a novice. Im there are some wheels I like for my 96 reg Corrado VR6. They are 5x100 et15 9x16 wheels with 215/40/16 tyres.

Will that fit on a standard ride height car?

If not what measures can be taken to get them to fit ? Spacers, adaptor a, arch mods? And what kind of costs can be incurred?

I was going to ask on the thread but I'm viewing them tomorrow.

Spacers will worsen the problem. I have the same et wheels basically waiting to go on mine soon. Sounds like the tyres have a slight stretch? They'll hopefully be fine you might need to roll arches and use a little camber, if it's normal ride height in they'll be Ok but depends if you like that look. I think the track width on the front of the vr is wider too so maybe a bit more difficult.

Are they 9's all round? You won't need spacer's (unless you want poke on the back) you won't need adapter's as they are the correct PCD for your car you may need arch mod's probably not but may the ET is a little low ideally ET35-45 for a Corrado. Borbet's?? you want Bristolbaron he know's his onion's regarding wheel's I'm no expert

With those wheels you will have 4mm less clearance behind the wheel which will be no problem. The problem will be that the face of the wheel will sit 60mm further out than the face of the standard wheel. I'd imagine that this would entail arch work. Check out the site at the link below, it's invaluable for giving you an idea of where different wheels will sit in comparison to standard wheels.

Standard Speedlines are 6.5 inches wide and are et43.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Edited by leon263