jonnyattwood

Vr6 cat

Hi,

I've got a corrado R32 and I'm after some advice :( it failed it's MOT drastically on emissions which I knew it would as I didn't have a cat for it, but now I'm wondering whether I will need an r32 cat from a mk5 or will a vr6 cat cut the mustard? Also a mate in the trade told me with a reading 2-3 times over the limit, possibly a cat would not solve the problem?

Could anyone shine any light on this for me please?

Thank you in advance :)

A bit more info required regarding how you are running it standard management aftermarket also what age is your Corrado as a cat is only required after a certain date. Best bet though is take it somewhere where the mot man is sensible :rolleyes: Also if you have not registered the engine swap with DVLA they will be testing it as whatever it is registered as and the R32 engine put's out more bad gas than say a 2.0 16v Alot more.

Edited by clumpy1

It was a vr6 as standard and it's all mk5 r32 management, I always thought that the r32 engines wouldn't be as bad as vr6s for emissions :/ with it being a lot newer