ryan_welshman

Vr6 conversion??

Hello all. Got myself a 2.0 16v corrado a few months ago and turns out the engine is a hodge podge of bits and utter s***, so ive decided I want to put a vr6 into it as ive heard its a reliable engine and more power equals more fun!

Just want to know if anyone has done a vr6 conversion or where I can find a decent guide etc

Welcome to the forum...

Unfortunately, I'd say there is no point putting a VR into a 16V and finding a decent VR6 lump these days is difficult - just buy a good VR6 Corrado

The whole drivetrain and fuel system on the VR6 is different so you'd need to change too many parts, insurance would also be a nightmare.

Fix it, sell and and buy a VR or maybe look at more modern engines - 1.4TSI would be a great replacement for a 16V!

Edited by Supercharged

I would echo the previous post.

Apart from possibly the challenge of trying to build something, the old mantra tends to be "dont build what you can buy"

If your maybe into too much money for the 16V it might be worth breaking it for spares and using the money to fund the VR purchase.

Just my tuppence worth

As above , it would be a real headache to change everything . It's not just a case of sitting a VR lump in the bay I'm afraid .

Rob

I had a go at this with my last corrado and it just isn't worth the effort far too many things to change to make it worth while

The obvious engine replacements are the 1.8 20vT from a mk4 golf/leon/audi or the 2.0 16v ABF engine from the mk3 golf, both of which are a well trodden path.

It depends what sort of car you're after, a torquey turbo lump or a revvy normally aspirated engine.

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v