VR6 Lee

Sills.

I have noticed a bit of rust on my drivers side sill, is it worth sorting this out sooner rather than later.. If yes how much will something like this cost

You cant buy just a sill, if your thinking about removing the old sill. I looked into this a few months back, and the front is part of the A pillar, the rear is part of the C pillar, with a section in the middle. you may have to fabricate a new section, and weld it in.

Just cut out of a breaker and seperate the sill, it's in three parts

Anyone recomend a good garage in the Cheshire area who are good at sill work. I don't want a botch job.

And after me getting my rears sills welded i seem to remember saying to you check your sills and you said they were fine

Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill but

1st hole. Just gone through the first part of the sill. Location = About half way down the near side of the vehicle

unnamed_zps2d13b15f.jpg

2nd Looks like its been hit by something (Small hole I think - Don't really want to start poking around) This is near the join to the front arch

unnamed1_zps31f9b44a.jpg

Not sure if it was a trolley jack. Will get body shop to look at it. What you mean looks a bit rough?

Just wanted to see if you managed to get this sorted, just found two depressions near the front jacking points of my storm similar to this pics above. Not sure if it was there previously or if it's been done while in the bodyshop.

The guy in the shop has had a look at it and says he cannot just pull them out as there's a few layers metal within it, the correct way would be to cut out and replace.

There's no rust in the area at all and not noticeable from the above, the bodyshop guy recommend to leave it as if he starts cutting or pulling I can run future risk of rust occurring within.

What's your thoughts is it worth messing with?

Yeah got mine done a few weeks ago now. Good repair. I would get it done if I was you.

If you don't me asking how much did it set you back and how long did it take. How did they do it, did they cut out and replace? Where abouts did you you get it done in Leeds?

I'd clean it up, make sure that the seams are watertight, if the look of it really bugs you, make it look better with fibreglass filler, spray, but whatever you end up doing, spray Waxoil in the sills to stop it corroding from the inside out,

Just wanted to see if you managed to get this sorted, just found two depressions near the front jacking points of my storm similar to this pics above. Not sure if it was there previously or if it's been done while in the bodyshop.

The guy in the shop has had a look at it and says he cannot just pull them out as there's a few layers metal within it, the correct way would be to cut out and replace.

There's no rust in the area at all and not noticeable from the above, the bodyshop guy recommend to leave it as if he starts cutting or pulling I can run future risk of rust occurring within.

What's your thoughts is it worth messing with?

I'd clean it up, make sure that the seams are watertight, if the look of it really bugs you, make it look better with fibreglass filler, spray, but whatever you end up doing, spray Waxoil in the sills to stop it corroding from the inside out,

That's a thought I'll ask my bodyshop again on full cut out repair vs fibre filler.

Only cost me £100 quid. Cut out the bad bits and put in a nice new bit.

Have you got a picture of the repair work?