DANG60

Floor pan protection

I contacted these guys today.. Very helpful, advised me to place order through ebay as they charge less postage. Have opted for a primer as well.

The grey underseal is brush on, the black one is spray on, I've gone for the grey one and will report findings as and when (hopefully this weekend.. Ive got a lot of car bits planned but this is top of the list..

Hi Goldie,

Grey under seal I have is gun applied at between 4 and 6 bar to get the ripple effect, similar to 3m product but far easier to apply, ie. no silly 2 pack bag mix which resulted in bag burst when I tried it. It would be good to see how you get on with brush application.

Points you Guys might find of interest though are

The front of the sills which is a well known area.

Down in the corner of the rear wheel arch where the fuel tank filler neck goes. This is a tank out job though. I say bottom it's really the top it's because my car is upside down.

Also at the bottom front of the rear wheel arches roughly where the rear beam pivot is.

Another place which wasn't that bad bud could be if I'd left it was near the mounting points for the rear beam pivots. Because it's smooth where the mounting points bolt to but undersealed around so the water creeps under there.

Do you think you could highlight these problem areas, with a picture of the underside of the car. Just so we know which areas we should look at on our own cars.

Dinitrol, Protect Super 447 is the light grey fast drying overpaintable elastic anti stone chip

Dinitrol 4010 heat resistant transparent hard coat.

Brilliant product and very helpful company. Highly recommended.

Awesome, thanks!

The underseal does indeed say it can be applied using an air gun although ill be going for the brush method..

Id prepared the areas I'm working on and the base coat is on, once its dried ill have a go with the underseal.. I intend on getting some silver spray (although i don't know where to get it) to blow over the area once I'm happy..

Have a look on Frost automotive, they sell quite a lot of different products, got my POR15 from there.

Ok, my thought so far..

Leave the base coat as long as possible or it mixes with the grey underseal, the base is brown..

The grey colour is an identical match to factory and for us silver drivers it doesn't even look like it will need a blow over with some colour..

If you are a solvent abuser its 2 for the price of one, its mega strong..

Any pictures of the finished results Michael? I have a couple of small areas around some of the studs I wouldnt mind to sort.

Any pictures of the finished results Michael? I have a couple of small areas around some of the studs I wouldnt mind to sort.

You asking for a picture of my lady's undercarriage?

Haven't covered up all the base coat due to the colour contamination so will leave it over night and finish the job tomorrow.. Ill put a pic up then...

Do you think you could highlight these problem areas, with a picture of the underside of the car. Just so we know which areas we should look at on our own cars.

Yes I can, may take a few days as the car is in a lock up away from the house. I'll go up and get some pics though certainly