MJS

Windows that go down on their own .. can anyone suggest the fault?

Now and again, my Storm windows suddenly go down without me touching the switch. After a fiddle with the fuze, which something blows, they go up again. Can anyone give me a steer to the fault.

Sounds like you have a 'short-circuit in your drivers door or switch. Possibly in the rubber tubing at the front of the door where it goes into the body. Id peel that back first and have a gander in there.

Yeah - usually the switch cables running to the door handle corrode, if you remove the handle be very careful taking it out.

If they have broken then just unplug and maybe insulate the socket, the handle will obviously still work but you won't be able to do full open / closure by turning the key.

New handles are probably over £100 now...

Another possibility is a build up of corrosion where the button hits the switch which will act as if it isn't being pushed at all. I had that issue once before, was it bit frustrating chasing ghosts but was fixed with sand paper.

Hope that helps.

Hi all, I thought I post the fix. The fault in my Storm was the e/window ECU in the boot and the passenger side switch, which was tripping the ECU and triggering the windows to go down. Water had got into the switch. ECU replaced and have sourced a replacement switch. Working nicely now.