Sign in to follow this  
Bean

Oil Temp

Hi i have been getting a bit worried recently my engin oil temp has gone upto 134deg a couple of times!!!!!! :o I have just had my head done, so i am skint. I was thinking of and oil cooler but dont know where to get one from or which one to get? Should i change the oil in the mean time?

Cheers

Dan

Does sound a bit high unless your absolutely caning it. Mine rarely goes above 110, though if im on a country road ive seen 128, on track 140. :o

If your hitting 134 with just normal driving I wouldnt think about an oil cooler until you figure out why its getting so high in the first place. :?

You want a 13 row (minimum) mocal cooler from thinkautomotive or a dealer like stealth. Stealth is your best bet as mocal will probably send you the wrong parts.

I';ve got a 1.8, and the only time i got 134 on the oil temp was when the tossers that changed my clutch put my fan plug on back-to-front :p so that the reversed airflow was restricting cooling at the radiator, with accompanying coolant boiling of course! the give away was hot air blowing out of the grill when i'd stopped :cry: !!!! C#NTS

I';ve got a 1.8, and the only time i got 134 on the oil temp was when the tossers that changed my clutch put my fan plug on back-to-front so that the reversed airflow was restricting cooling at the radiator, with accompanying coolant boiling of course! the give away was hot air blowing out of the grill when i'd stopped !!!! C#NTS

Mr Clutch?

Mine runs around 116 normally except motorway which runs around 110 for a long blast. Gets to 122 in traffic then i just turn it off if im at lights for a while.

But Where is the best connection points for the cooler on the block???

Been thinking about one of these for a while.

Thx

Mark :evil:

When I first got my G60 it ran at about 130 (sometimes 134/6) so I fitted a mocal cooler which has knocked the temp down to about 100.

I got the kit from JMR in Rustington. It was about £120 for everything. It mounts using a sanwich plate on the oil filter mounting and then the cooler is secured to the front lower crossmember with a couple of brackets. I have retained the stock cooler as this helps warm the oil on start up.

I';ve got a 1.8, and the only time i got 134 on the oil temp was when the tossers that changed my clutch put my fan plug on back-to-front :p so that the reversed airflow was restricting cooling at the radiator, with accompanying coolant boiling of course! the give away was hot air blowing out of the grill when i'd stopped :cry: !!!! C#NTS

it looks like i can get the Oil cooler for £55 and the fitting kit that comes with all the pipe and stuff for £40 - £50. So it will cost about a £100

Hi i have been getting a bit worried recently my engin oil temp has gone upto 134deg a couple of times!!!!!!

Dan

Crikey - I average 106 if I blat it, or 108 if stuck in traffic jam. Rest i'm 96 b roads to 102 motorways - and that's in warm weather :!:

Think I'm running too cool :D

120 on a run 136-142 when canning it

I thought i was getting it too hot!!

That kit probably won't contain a thermostatic sandwich plate tho, just a normal pass-thru one

You are right it is about another £40 for the stat take off. :oops:

http://www.thinkauto.com/index.htm

Mr Clutch?

No, local garage. Although i did have Mr Clutch shag a speedo cable on an old r19. They 'found it was damaged ' . I use neither any more. I use youngs garage, gasoline alley, wrotham, kent now, nick's a nice bloke. :)