Sign in to follow this  
SAW

Steering Wheel Boss

Hello

Wonder if anyone can help?

I'm trying to fit an aftermarket steering wheel using a mountney boss kit and they seem to have supllied me with an early type small splined boss kit!

The factory who i'm dealing with through a friend in Halfords are saying I have the correct boss and have to remove the outer adaptor on my steering colum to make it fit??

This seems like a lot of crap to me and was wondering if anyone has fitted a wheel to their Corrado using a mountney boss kit and did they have any problems??

:?

Some Corrado's have the Mk2 collumns / splines, some have Mk3 after the change over but its not entirely consistent! - I would say you have the wrong one, if its a mk2 one change it for a mk3 and vice versa...

i bought mine from halfords,thought they only dealt with raid bosses,and the later mk2 golf bosses are the same as the mk3,think they changed over 1990 or something like that :?

Mountney don't make a boss for the late MKII/ early Corrado column.... I've had loadsa problems trying to source one for a mate's missus for her Golf...

Ok thanks for the info.

My mate has had a real hard time dealing with Mountney as they are swearing it should fit my car!

Would help if they knew their own products :lol:

momo, raid, sparco and a few others make bosses which DO fit Corrados though... unfortunately not many of these will fit a Mountney wheel though... :? :roll:

Thats ok its not a Mountney wheel, its a Nardi wheel I picked up off a guy at International.

I wasnt sure if I could get one of their bosses so I tried Mountney as they said it would fit no probs?

Probably try one of the other manufacturers you mention.

Thanks. :)

Yea Gary going grey fast Wilson!!

Met you the other day outside Halfords Ruggie.

Gaz refers to you as Bacon dosent he? :)

Looks like a Sparco one will fit and its supposed to be on its way.

Think I will keep looking at options just in case!!

The momo boss wont fit my wheel without an adaptor but thats an option I could look into if the Sparco doesnt work.

I will keep a look out on Ebay, Cheers. :)

What you doing on here ya dobber!!

I feel compelled to mention that you drive a HONDA.

Not even a fast HONDA but a hair dryer powered old grey haired mans model. :lol:

Get back to Halfords and get me some discount on something :p

Why is Bacon called Bacon? He no seem to keen to tell people!

Some Honda's are okay, this of course excludes all civics, preludes, HRV's, CRX', Accords, Ballades,any hatchback, any saloon Honda, stream, legend, S2000's and any other I have missed.

Some Honda's are okay, this of course excludes all civics, preludes, HRV's, CRX', Accords, Ballades,any hatchback, any saloon Honda, stream, legend, S2000's and any other I have missed.

that just leaves the honda motorbikes then :lol:

awrite saw.you are slaggin off ma honda but ma golf gti pissed all over ure slow raddo,and if you wanna get nasty at least i dont buy 2 cars stuck the getha. so your gona try slag off ma gti next aint ya?or ma 1.3 golfs eh?go on.at least ma boring old man car doesnt brake down,and like all old men cars i have the grey hair to go.i will have a dub again soon and as usual it will be better and faster than yours.. :p :lol:

thread de-capped-again-vr6storm............please can you switch off yer caps-lock :wink: as on the site its the equivilent of SHOUTING......which isn't very nice :wink:

AWRITE SAW.YOU ARE SLAGGIN OFF MA HONDA BUT MA GOLF GTI PISSED ALL OVER URE SLOW RADDO,AND IF YOU WANNA GET NASTY AT LEAST I DONT BUY 2 CARS STUCK THE GETHA. :lol: SO YOUR GONA TRY SLAG OFF MA GTI NEXT AINT YA?OR MA 1.3 GOLFS EH?GO ON.AT LEAST MA BORING OLD MAN CAR DOESNT BRAKE DOWN,AND LIKE ALL OLD MEN CARS I HAVE THE GREY HAIR TO GO.I WILL HAVE A DUB AGAIN SOON AND AS USUAL IT WILL BE BETTER AND FASTER THAN YOURS. :p :lol:

Needs a little more punctuation.

Look Honda boy your gettin a slagging here so away and collect yer pension old timer!!

You never raced me in your Golf GTI but yes it was fairly quick for a rust infected death trap :)

Dont mention my cut in shut MK1, your taking things to far here and I think I am going to be forced to mention........

Yes I going to mention it....

The White MK1 Astra Van & the jobby brown Talbot Samba that you owned not so long ago :lol: :lol:

I would also like to point out that my car has been very reliable and only let me down due to a dodgy GSF clutch plate 8)

By the way your not going to hold this against me as I would still like to get my boss kit off you :)