Harry786aroon

Sunroof repair need advice

Hi, i have problem with my sunroof basically my sunroof stoped working so i decided to investigate what was the issue so i removed the roof lining as mine was starting sagg a little, one of the slider has snapped just wondered if anyone could give me advice on fixing or would need to replace the sunroof?

Also if somebody has a roof lining what is in good condition i could buy off then.

My storms just sat in my garage waiting for me to repair the sunroof as i wont drive it untill the issue is sorted,

thanks

I assume its the left hand mechanism? You can ask on here if anyone has a 'spare' cable but getting scarce. There is a sticky thread somewhere on here. I have 2 right hand cables spare!

Cables are still available from the dealers. They come as a pair.

Really! !! I tried last month at VW parkway derby, and they said "no longer available, have you tried TPS?" . . . . Probably just fobing me off then.

I removed the complete sunroof and fitted my old panel to the new mechanism from a mk3 golf, I would use a corrado specific sunroof cartridge if I did it again as I had to space to sunroof down with washers as I had a moonroof 'glass' panel.

My recently acquired storm also has a kaput sunroof so I'll be tackling this job AGAIN:-( pretty soon

Hmm, I got them from TPS in Leeds last year. It would be a shame if they have been discontinued but not too surprising :/

If you have the time and ability I would just get a MK3 Golf Cartridge and fit your metal panel to it, as it is generally regarded as a superior mechanism - can normally get them from the breakers yards for £20/30 including motor?

Ian.

Trouble is with that is matching up the interior panel cover and making that slide with the sunroof.

As above, the one i fitted had the free siding interior panel which i preferred over the standard corrado cover but i can imagine trying to fit one onto the other would be a nightmare.

After doing this job i would just replace with another corrado sunroof mech, i was never really super happy spacing the sunroof frame down with washers and there was a slight bit more wind noise with the glass sunroof also